Money Management: 75 Ways to Save on Household Expenses
Signups closed for this Event
Whether it's the first time living on your own or you've been running your own household for years it seems like our money doesn't go as far as it use to.
Join us and the Credit Counselling Society to receive tips on how to save on various household expenses including utilities, transportation, groceries and personal items. You'll also have a chance to share your best hints on saving money!
Gain skills you probably didn't learn in school, but will use for the rest of your life!
From the presenter
Have you noticed how the cost of living continues to rise every year and yet perhaps your wages aren’t keeping up? Groceries are more expensive, the cost of utilities is creeping higher and higher, and so is the cost of transportation. Intuitively we know that there’s got to be a better way to save, but how?
In the 75 Ways to Save on Household Expenses workshop, you will learn how to:
- Reduce your electricity and heating expenses with simple fixes
- Save money on your cable, telephone and internet bills
- Reduce your grocery bill every month
- Create one dish meals that save both time and money
- Determine if your transportation costs can be trimmed
- Shrink your entertainment expenses and still have fun with your family and friends
- Implement some easy tips to reduce your personal expenses (e.g. clothes, fitness, and books)
- Save on gifts and special occasions like birthdays and holidays
Assuming that every dollar has a job, then every dollar saved can make a difference to your overall budget. Saving even a few dollars on monthly expenses can really add up!
This workshop will last for 90 minutes and there is lots of sharing amongst participants – we all learn from each other! This webinar will be “grab ‘n’ go”- grab some of our 75 ideas and go try them! Full curriculum is available upon request.
For more information, visit the Credit Counselling Society's website to view free webinars on various financial topics.
Free, but seating is limited. Programs that have low enrollment may be cancelled. Please register by phone at: 604-522-3971, in-person, or online.