Burnaby Public Library offers programs and events for many ages. Some programs are senior-specific, and others are open to all ages. If you are looking for a specific type of program, please contact us or visit in-branch and ask a librarian.
Some past BPL events that may be of interest to seniors have been:
- Knit2gether: An informal, friendly drop-in event for people interested in enjoying a few hours crocheting, knitting, and stitching with other members of your community. This event has taken place at Tommy Douglas Library and Bob Prittie Metrotown Library.
- Film screenings: We often host screenings of documentary and films for members of the public.
- Author readings: Authors visit the library to read from their material and answer questions from the public.
- Librarian's Choice: an event where librarians share book recommendations for your next read.
- Information sessions: The library has hosted information sessions on topics such as wills and estates, technology, and citizenship.
Visit the links to the right for full listings of events for seniors, adults, and all other upcoming events.
Questions? Phone us at 604-436-5410 or email us, and our staff will be happy to assist you.