Zinio provides full-text digital access to hundreds of magazines, including popular titles such as Consumer Reports, National Geographic, Martha Stewart Living, Esquire, Elle, Rolling Stone, Newsweek and more. Instructions for getting started follow, including information on using Zinio on your tablet, smart phone or other mobile device.
As you will see from the instructions below, using Zinio requires that you create two accounts: one to view and select from the library's collection of Zinio magazines, and then another account for Zinio itself, at zinio.com.
- Visit the library's Zinio page. If you're accessing this resource from outside the library, you'll be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN.
- If you're accessing the library's Zinio collection for the first time, you'll need to create an account with RBDigital – the vendor who provides the library with access to this resource. Click on the "Create account" button to register – the button is located just below the login form. An account confirmation message will be emailed to you.
- Log in, then select a magazine to add to your collection. You can search for magazines, or browse by title or genre. When you select a magazine, you'll be redirected to the official Zinio website.
- Create your free Zinio account. If you already have a Zinio account, click the "sign in here" link at the top of the form, and log in.
- The magazine you selected in step #3 will be added to your Zinio library. Click on the title to view it, or return to the library's Zinio page (it should still be open in another tab or window) to select additional magazines.
Using Zinio on a mobile device?
The Zinio app allows you to access Zinio magazines on the go, and even download them for later reading without an internet connection. The Zinio app is available for the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Kindle Fire and Android phones and tablets. To access the app, you'll first need to visit the library's Zinio collection and create a Zinio account, using the instructions above. When you log into the Zinio app, you'll see the magazines already added to your collection. Click on a title to download it to your device.