Burnaby Public Library follows direction from local health authorities to help control the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Check this page for library updates, and visit City of Burnaby for updates on other city services.
- All branches are closed.
- Phone and email service is available Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Due dates are extended until July 31 and will be adjusted if necessary.
- There are no late fees during our closure.
- Current holds will be extended and available for pickup at your local branch when the library can reopen.
- All programs and events are cancelled.
Phone us at 604-436-5400 or email us, Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm. We can help you with:
- finding information
- connecting to community resources and services
- signing up for a free library card that you can use right away to access online books and resources
- finding your next read in our e-book and audiobook collection
- using our online resources
- managing your account
- understanding how to use your technology, such as your smartphone or computer
We're quickly adding titles in Library to Go, our main e-book and audiobook collection. Burnaby residents, log in with your library and download thousands of fiction and non-fiction titles for adults, teens, and kids. Borrow up to 10 titles, and place up to 20 titles on hold.
You can also read newspapers from around the world, learn a new language or master a new skill, listen to jazz and classical music, watch independent film and more through our online resources. Just log in using your library card and PIN. Don't have one yet? Contact us and we'll register you for a new account that you can use right away. Pick up your library card when we reopen!
Information during a pandemic can change quickly. Get the latest updates from public health authorities: